Health CARE and COST. Patients are getting the short shrift.
Groucho Marx may have made it famous, but little did he know how descriptive the phrase You Bet Your Life! would become for any patient who enters the healthcare system in the United States (or any country) today.
- Patients who have trouble talking with their doctors and getting their questions answered.
- Patients whose doctors won’t talk to each other; no one is coordinating their care.
- Patients who find med-speak, those more technical, medical terms used by providers, impossible to understand.
- Patients who can’t figure out why their care, which used to seem “free”, now costs them too much money.
- Patients who are injured through medical errors and mistakes.
- Patients who know they should be benefitting from the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) but just can’t seem to figure it out.
- Patients whose medical bills are just way too high!
And the list goes on.
But now information is available to help us solve the problems presented by this healthcare system-turned-debacle, to help us use that understanding to get what we need, when we need it, at a cost we can afford. These two books, written by Trisha Torrey (Every Patient’s Advocate) and published by DiagKNOWsis Media are now available for you.